Press enter to search, esc to close
SEARCH & APPLY
We are recruiting for a Senior Associate to join our Public Inquires team in London on a full-time basis. This role is offered on a flexible working basis and would best suit a qualified lawyer with 6+ years PQE.
As a key addition to our growing team, you will have a fee-earning role, which is likely to include the following:
• Acting as a supporting Solicitor to statutory and non-statutory inquiries
• Undertaking internal investigations and independent reviews
• Providing legal advice to the Inquiry Team and contribute to senior relationship management with recognised legal representatives, core participants, witnesses and document providers
• Handling or leading complex, multi-disciplinary, professional, multi-strand legal or investigative environments
• Handling or leading complex, large-scale projects, including involvement in delivery of large-scale disclosure/e-disclosure/document production/information management exercises
• Dealing with Public law challenges, advising on merits of defending judicial review claims and grounds for issuing JR challenges.
• Advising on litigation related to national security matters
• Planning, defining and implementing strategies to support delivery against client need
• Leading and project managing document-heavy review processes to identify key relevant materials
• Establishing defined programmes of work and monitoring delivery
• Giving clear and detailed instructions to witnesses to ensure delivery of high-quality evidence
• Supporting witnesses in advance of giving oral evidence
• Supervising the work delegated to other team members, adopting a supportive and collegiate approach to the development of others
• Working flexibly across workstreams and delegating tasks to other team members, driving efficiency and maximising available resource
A qualified lawyer with 6+ years PQE in a similar legal setting
Strong litigation skills and project management skills with experience of managing large scale disclosure exercises and/or working on large scale projects in commercial litigation
Previous experience of public inquiry work representing a core participant and/or acting for the inquiry itself would be preferred but not essential
Experience of advising on freedom of information and data protection as well as judicial review and reputational management work would be preferred but not essential
A creative approach to problem solving with an ability to manage critical issues quickly and effectively
A proven and demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Keen, motivated team player with the ability to self-start and engage with a varied cross section of fee earners across the business
The Public Inquires team at TLT has a wide breadth of experience on all aspects of inquiry work. We represent central government, non-departmental public bodies, local government, high-profile individuals, blue light services and the private sector.
The team provide a full legal service. This includes advising individual key witnesses representing public bodies, private individuals and acting on behalf of inquiries themselves. This breadth of experience and knowledge allows the team to deal with all aspects of public inquiries and provides a unique perspective. On top of our legal advice, we are able to provide support to an inquiry secretariat. We can provide project management, budget advice and administrative support.
Fast paced, fast growing and forward thinking, TLT is the law firm that helps clients stay one step ahead, and we do the same for our people.
We work with high profile clients in innovative sectors. With local, national and international reach, we have over 1,200 people in offices across the UK and a network of partner firms across Europe, India and the US. In 2021 we were named The Lawyer’s Law Firm of the Year, recognising our incredible success story.
Our purpose is to protect, prepare and progress our clients for what comes next and it’s essential that we do the same for our people, our planet and our communities too. In our open and collaborative culture, we encourage everyone to be their whole self, to have a voice and to contribute.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You’ll receive a competitive salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
At TLT we have a progressive fully flexible working approach. We empower our people to work in a place and at a time that meets their needs, those of their clients and of the wider team and firm. Part of this agile approach is a focus on hybrid working and supporting the work/life balance of our people.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com